Monday, June 13, 2011

While watching Morning Joe...

...I heard Joe Scarborough say something rather silly.  I don't have a direct quote, but the upshot was that Jon Huntsman's candidacy is helped by the fact that, as former US Ambassador to China, he can tell us what China has done in the last decade to be so successful economically relative to us.

Hell, I've never even been to China, and I can tell you the answer to that, Joe.  Here goes: They don't care about their workers, they can throw people they don't like into prison or worse, they use forced labor, they have a command economy,* they pirate our goods, and they don't give a rat's ass about the environment.

Not helpful.

*But, Governor Romney, I thought command economies didn't grow relative to free-market economies!

No comments:

Post a Comment