Monday, May 9, 2011

An event of world-historical importance*

Yes, Newt is going to make it official this week.

This may sound really silly, but I'm so happy this blowhard has chosen to resurrect his political career.  After all, this is the guy who made much of President Clinton's infidelity while being guilty of the same pecadillo, and who has dumped not one, but two wives as soon as they got sick.  Very Christian.

I told someone before the 2008 campaign kicked off that the Republican primaries that year would make for the most entertaining political theater of the absurd in history.  Already I think I can say 2012 will eclipse it.  What's next?  Is Dan Quayle going to get drafted?

*This headline is a deliberate gag aimed at the fact that any event, no matter how minor or insignificant, is always of world-historical import when described by the monomaniacal mind of Newt Gingrich and his obsession with grand theories and global movements.  Personally, I think his knack for doing so can be explained by a massive ego and a serious overdose of Hegelian philosophy at some point, but that's just my hypothesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment